What are specific requirements for .Tel domain registration?
1) Anyone can register a .Tel domain name. The .Tel is designed for both individuals and businesses.
2) The term of registration during Sunrise and Landrush is 3 years while general registration is 1-10 years.
3) The minimum number of characters in a .Tel domain is 3 and the maximum number is 63 not including the .Tel suffix. Every domain must contain at least one letter from "a-z" or "A-Z" in standard US ASCII script.
4) No domain can begin or end with a hyphen nor can a domain have a hyphen in the 3rd and 4th position. The symbol like & < > \" ' \ ; can not be accepted.
5) A .Tel domain name may not consist purely of digits. The .Tel naming conventions are described in detail in the Acceptable Use Policy. The reserved list is also available for review.
Are there any restrictions on .Tel domain deletion?
1) Yes, If a domain (newly registered and NOT renewed) is deleted within 72 hours from the registration date, the registration fee will be refundable. If a domain (newly registered and renewed) is deleted within 72 hours from the registration date, the registration fee will NOT be refundable.
2) Yes, only part of new registrations can be deleted for credit during the 3-day Add Grace Period (AGP). The number of grace deletes is related to the volume of new registrations. It should be 6% of the net new registrations. Suppose if the new registrations in that month is X, and the deletes number is Y, and Y must be no more than (X-Y)*6%. For example, if you register 18 domains, you can only delete 1 domain; but if you want to delete 2 domains, you must register at least 36 domains.
Is it possible for registrants to change a .Tel domain name with their own DNS and build a website?
1) No, it is not possible. The DNS setting of a .Tel domain name is different from other gTLDs, and the .Tel DNS must be appointed by the .Tel registry. This means that the .Tel domain owner can NOT setup or change with their own DNS.
2) No, the TelHosting policy disallows A-records that map .TEL domains to custom websites. All .Tel domains point to a proxy page displaying contact information which can then be universally accessible.
How can .Tel domain registrants get their login details of a .Tel domain name?
Please login your OnlineNIC account, click "List My Domains" under the "Manage Domain" category, select ".Tel (Sunrise)", ".Tel (Landrush)" or ".Tel" from the pull-down menu, and press the Query button. When the .Tel domains are shown below, please click "enter" under CTH item and login details with username and password for the Community TelHosting platform will be automatically sent to the registrant's email address. The Community TelHosting platform allows the registrant to add, remove or edit all of the contact information and save them directly into the DNS. This service is included in the .Tel domain registration fee.
Log in OnlineNIC Community TelHosting platform at https://telhosting.onlinenic.com to manage your .Tel contact information page. Learn more here on how to manage your .Tel domain name.
When will your .Tel domain name resolve in the DNS?
When your .Tel domain name has been successfully registered, it will remain a "pendingcreate" status at Whois. Once you have managed your .Tel contact information page through OnlineNIC Community TelHosting platform, the .Tel domain status will be updated by .Tel Registry's authority checkers and the domain will start to resolve in the DNS, usually within 6 hours. After the initial publication, any changes you make may take effect in near real-time.
How to integrate AdSense account information within .tel domain names and display AdSense-served adverts on the web proxy page?
You can enable Google AdSense to show on all folders inside a .tel. You need to go to the Settings tab of the CTH, and enter your Publisher ID and the advert IDs for the blocks you wish to display (a maximum of 2 blocks of 250-250px in size is supported). The adverts will show on all subdomains of the domain from all computer browsers, but not on mobiles or .tel lookup applications. Make sure the domain is well populated, so that AdSense has enough information to determine which advertisements are most appropriate.
End-Users can get more help and tips online from telnic forum, at:
http://www.telnic.org/forum or tips online at http://telnic.org/community-faq.html
For more details, please go to http://telnic.org/community-landing.html
.Tel Registry's website www.telnic.org has been translated into 10 languages and is now live. The 10 languages include: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic and Russian.
If you have any inquiries about .Tel domains, please feel free to contact us at http://support.onlinenic.com.
Customer Service Division,